Have you ever seriously considered what it would be like to stay in a luxury hotel? Luxury hotels have the potential to take your hotel experiences a notch higher and the following is a discussion of some of the features and benefits based on experience. Not all the things discussed here will apply to each luxury hotel, which is why proper research is critical if there’s something you want. The points below are based on the experiences of people staying at different hotels including Sheraton, Shangri-La, Alpen Palace Spa Hotels, the Castellum suites in Rhodes and The Luxury Collection. The following are some of the features and benefits of staying in a luxury hotel:
1. Lovely DesignsIn the best luxury hotels, you can expect to find everything from the reception, lounge, exterior, and every other public area with a lovely and fancy design. You might feel like you are in a special place right from when you walk through the door.
2. ScentsFollowing on from the moment that you walk through the door, some of the luxury hotels such as Alpen Palace, Luxury Collection Hotels, and the Shangri-La have a great scent as you walk into the hotel as well as in the corridors. Little details such as this are very pleasant and will add a great deal to your experience.
3. SecuritySecurity is usually very impressive at luxury hotels. Often with cameras, as special card access to rooms when using the lift to reach your floor. In the room, you will likely find a safe too. While you might not always see them, you can rest assured that security guards are often on the watch too.
4. Event and Conference FacilitiesThe vast majority of luxury hotels tend to be adequately equipped and offer facilities, which include meeting and conference rooms along with facilities for banquets and weddings.
5. Exceptional ServiceThe service that you receive at a luxury hotel needs to be exceptional and the staff regularly provide a great deal of personal care. Luxury hotels often employ a lot more staff who are usually highly trained at their roles. A few of the services that you can expect include:
- Welcome drinks upon your arrival
- Turndown (preparing your room for sleep)
- Flowers in the room
- A bottle or champagne or wine sometimes
- Welcome sweets such as chocolate, macaroons in the room
- Personalised touches such as welcome notes, your name on your table, etc.
- Providing a personal welcome and check-in into the room
- Contacting you prior to your arrival to make special requests
- Tips and advice for the destination
- Packing and unpacking service
- Laundry and shoeshine service
- Car parking service