Have you ever thought about splashing out and treating yourself to a stay in one of the world's top-rated luxury hotels? Luxury hotels take your holiday accommodation experience to a completely new level. In this article, I'll share with you some of the features and benefits you can expect to enjoy when you stay in a luxury hotel, based on my travels. Keep in mind that features can vary between luxury hotels, so be sure to do your own research into a hotel if you're after a particular perk. The benefits I outline below are based on my stays at various luxury hotels, including Alpen Palace Spa Hotels, Sheraton, Shangri-La, and Luxury Collection Hotels. Here is a selection of a few of the features and perks of booking a stay in a luxury hotel:
1. Stunning Architecture and Interior DesignsIn the highest-rated luxury hotels, in particular, you'll discover that every area features jaw-dropping designs, including the building exterior, staircases, reception area, guest rooms, bathroom suites, etc. No expense is spared and when you first walk through the lobby, you'll feel like you were transported to a different world.
2. Amazing AromasMany luxury hotels, including Luxury Collection Hotels, have a pleasant scent that permeates every corridor. If you've ever stayed in a budget hotel and had the displeasure of being able to smell nothing but drains and grease from the restaurant kitchens, you'll know that a hotel's scent can make or break your whole experience.
3. Extra SecurityArguably one of the best things about luxury hotels, especially if you're travelling alone or to a country with high crime rates, is the extra security they offer. Many have CCTV, special card access to all rooms, and 24/7 security guards. Don't worry, it's unlikely you'll actually see security personnel very often, but they remain on duty round the clock keeping guests safe.
4. Conference FacilitiesMost luxury hotels have well-equipped conference facilities and meeting rooms to host business meetings and conventions.
5. Comfy BedsIn the luxury hotels I've visited, I've typically had some of the best nights of sleep in my life. The beds are extremely spacious, comfortable and furnished with crisp, white, high-thread count sheets, plumped pillows and luxurious throws.
7. Beautiful Guest RoomsLuxury hotels are known for having beautiful guest rooms with stunning bathrooms. Many rooms are themed in accordance with a specific genre, historical time period, or the country's traditional culture.
8. Exceptional ServiceThe service you get in a luxury hotel is second to none. The highly trained staff will be at your beck and call, and will be able to fulfil any special requests you have. Staff at Ikos hotels, for example, are always professional and will treat you like you're royalty. Here are some of the services you might get:
- Evening turndown service
- Complimentary drinks on arrival
- A welcome basket containing sweets, fruits and chocolate bars
- A bottle of champagne in your room
- Car parking service
- Fresh flowers in your room
- Laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- Personalised touches, like nameplates at your table
- Butler services
- Shoeshine services
- Unpacking/packing of your luggage
- Airport transfers
- Local tours with an experienced guide
- Spa and beauty salons
- Steam rooms
- And much more...